Position and Landos Statement
The public Biotech company Finance Controller is a highly motivated individual, self-started with an A+ attitude and proven ability to follow through who will be involved in managing agile/lean financial operations in preparation for IPO. The position will manage a number of tasks and projects simultaneously. This position will be responsible for performing diverse responsibilities requiring sound judgment, problem solving skills and a working knowledge of all financial systems for a public company.
Landos is a clinical stage biotech and the candidate will be completely aligned with three fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, and 3) Do the impossible.
Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to the following
- Responsible for overseeing the controller function of the overall organization. Good understanding of the transition from private to public company.
- Help manage transition to Netsuite and support financial IT (cloud) infrastructure
- Responsible for directing the accounting function, maintaining fiscal records, establishing and maintaining budgetary controls and procedures, financial infrastructure, and preparing financial reports for the organization in compliance with the company’s reporting requirements and operating procedures.
- Oversees budgets and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- The position may also direct the activities of the management information systems function.
- Support month-end and year-end close process, Coordinate the preparation quarterly and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q)
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Coordinate SOX documentation
- Oversee and manage the quarterly and annual external audit process
- Develop and implement effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the Company
- Oversee and direct the execution of cash management, banking transactions and support the Company’s annual insurance renewal process
- Support the implementation and operationalization of new accounting standard, R&D collaborations, and various complex business transactions
- Oversee disbursement activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and employee expense reports
- Oversee revenue recognition and billing activities to ensure proper revenue recognition and accurate and timely invoicing
- Ensure the Company maintains regulatory and U.S. GAAP compliance with all corporate income, sales & property tax requirements
- Build, develop and manage a team of accounting professional capable of driving successful business decisions
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including, FP&A, Procurement, and functional business owners
- Identify, develop and mentor staff
- Prepare for public company audit before IPO
- Any other tasks identified by the President or CEO
- Active CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8 or more years related experience in a biotech environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team-focused and approachable
- Advanced Excel and QuickBooks knowledge, SAP preferred
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all finance, financial planning, accounting and tax areas of a business including an excellent understanding of GAAP
- Multi-tasker with an excellent focus on accuracy
- Must be organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills especially when explaining complex financial situations to others
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Company’s Facebook page: